Ben's Bee Blog; Optimism breathes Encouragement.

Be easy. Take a breath. Enjoy Life!

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

Sunday, April 3, 2011

BeeMax

Thank you all for voting on the Queen name, the Queen's name will be released on Opening Day...that's a baseball joke :)

Current Update:  Working on getting last couple of bee suit items, Working on getting last couple of pieces to beehive, Built/Building frames(what the bees use to make honeycomb on) for beehive, Working on restoring, painting, and add-ons for beehive, Planted/Planting Bee Food, Building Foundation for beehive and walkway.

BeeMax is the name my nephew and I choose for the area we worked on that will contain the bees.  The name is perfect:  it contains the word "bee", contains two letters of my name "Be" from Ben, and Max is my nephew's nickname.  I love it.  It's a Triple Play...just not gonna quit am I = LOL.  {Side note - to all those Los Angeles readers and unto all really, it saddens my heart to hear about the recent violence at Dodger Stadium,  and I just want to say I learned along time ago that it is important to have good sportsmanship on the field, but equally important is having good sportsmanship as a fan.}  Back to BeeMax, my nephew and I worked tirelessly to get a bunch of work done with limited time.  Just to give you idea of what we did, here are the tools we used:  Rake, Leaf Rake, Garden Hoe(Spade ended), Long Shovel, Regular Shovel, Clippers/Sheers, Pronged Hoe, Axe, Hedge Clippers(electric power), Lawn mower(gas power).  And here is what we did.




Sticks, Trees, & Vines...Oh these Vines!



                            
 <<<Max working Hard>>>









 Stump ville...What an ordeal these trees were!!!  Seriously, I had to hand saw ALL of these because I was unable to fix my chainsaw...As you can see> there is always that one in life that stubborn.  No, actually it was just polar.  I had to dig deep, axe it, and then just cover it.  There was no way to pull it out(with my tools at least), and no telling how deep it goes.


<After clearing all the trees
After clearing most everything>










Good Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment