Ben's Bee Blog; Optimism breathes Encouragement.

Be easy. Take a breath. Enjoy Life!

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Buzzupdate!!!

Since the last time we talked a have a little more peace than stress.  It has not been easy though.  Hard work almost everyday this past week has produced some good results.  Another update is soon on the way with pictures of the hard work along with some stories.  On the goodside I recieved confirmation that most of the bee suit equiptment has been shipped.  Now, I ordered a khaki helmet because it was what I wanted, but they were out and I had to settle for a white one.  This was a big deal to me, however, I got a few more bigger problems to deal with rather than the color of helmet, and the time is ticking a little bit faster now, a little bit faster now... HA!

On the not so cool side, I would now like to share a little beehive story of the day.
I was on my way to go sand the inside of my old beehive to kind of give it a new start, a new look.  My plan is to sand the entire thing, repaint it and repair it as needed.  In addition, I am going to build a landing deck for my bees to take off and land on.  Its' gonna be awesome.  So, I got everything set up to sand this hive that has been sitting outside for about a 10 days now.  I was thinking to myself how cool it would be if I had an organic beehive in their already by random chance.  Like some bees that found the cool shaded area and started a home.  I was just thinking that in my head to bee funny.  Well, I opened it up with some caution just in case their was something in there but I knew their wouldn't bee.  Except, there was.  There a nest of RED WASPS.  I bolted.  I am not scared of bees at all, but these red wasps have been buzzing around the house chasing me all week.  I am not scared of getting bit, I don't know what it is about these red wasps that bug me, but I do not like them.  But I am defintely faster than them.  I bolted around the house dodging and darting these wasps to safety inside my house.  Just peachy, I am thinking.  I am trying to have honey bees and I get red wasps.  Dad got the nest out, and this one wasp kept coming back haunting me the entire I was sanding.  Didn't get bit, but didn't get much sanding done either.  Looks like will have sand another day.  Always exciting stuff here on Ben's Bee Blog.  Stay tuned, I have feeling I am just warming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment