Ben's Bee Blog; Optimism breathes Encouragement.

Be easy. Take a breath. Enjoy Life!

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Queen Bee

Everyone must have a Queen.  No man is complete without one, and neither are bees.  As similar to humanity, Queens are essential for reproduction; however, the Queens of bees spend somewhat more time in labor... try like up to 2000 eggs/per day in egg laying season which apparently is in spring.  I'm still learning a lot about this bee culture stuff.  Moving on, this is why it is absolutely, without a shadow of doubt, imperative that I name this Queen correctly.  I can't give her a name like Jennifer, Laura, or Katie.  Although all of these names are very lovely, I need a name with Power.  With Authority.  With Respect.  With Love.  My Queen must be proud of her name when I call it ( as if she is going to fly out and land on my finger...maybe?), seriously, it must be a name encompassing everything to do with royalty and respect.  Since, I ordered an Italian Queen, I thought I should give her an Italian name.  Please check the newest and latest and greatest poll and VOTE!  Thanks for your help :)

P.S. Last poll results in showing in favor of Ben the beekeeper buying a protective bee-suit.  Sounds safe.
Sounds wise.  I think I will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment