Ben's Bee Blog; Optimism breathes Encouragement.

Be easy. Take a breath. Enjoy Life!

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A work in Progress...

Poll results in, the people say I that being stung is as imminent.  Great.  Thanks for you opinion.  LOL!
The beehive is going good.  The bees are great.  I will be entering the hive soon to do some research, primarily focusing on the cleanliness of the hive as well as looking for any signs of diseases.  I believe and hope my hive to be a healthy one.  Like anything you care about in life, beehives require attention and care.  Why just the other day numerous ants were invading my beehive, mostly attempting to lick whatever sugar water drops they could find.  I spent a lot of time just killing them one by one as my beehive will not be home to two different insects if I can help it.  Also, my father and I built an entrance gate to the beehive area.  This gate makes it easy to walk in and out and keeps out the dogs, raccoons, and opossums and such.  Beekeeping require work!  Hope to get some new videos of the bees up soon!
Pretty cool huh?
Well, my current project is clearing some tree limbs around the beehive area to increase sunlight into the area both for the bees, but also in order to grow things.
Hope to get some new videos of the bees up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment