Ben's Bee Blog; Optimism breathes Encouragement.

Be easy. Take a breath. Enjoy Life!

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Buzz

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yeap, I'm going be hearing lots of that pretty soon.  Real quickly just want to let everyone know that I will be updating this website with pictures, videos even maybe, but mostly stories and adventures encompassing bees, and even some words of encouragement from time to time as well. So check back as often as you like as I'm sure you find a smile here on Ben's Bee Blog.

I have chosen a site for the bees and the bee hive (that I don't have yet...yeah - got to get one those).  I intend on planting red clover all around my bee hive; plus, one apricot tree and possibly a cherry tree too if I can find one, if cherry trees grow here?  Hmmm... I really don't know.  For those curious why I am going to plant an apricot tree near my beehive.  Well, that's a good story....  Four years ago almost, I planted an apricot tree.  Dad ran over it with the lawn mower.  Gone.  Two years ago I planted an apricot tree.  It did well the first year and was on it's way to being a strong two year tree(they take 5 years to produce fruit) and well the deer ate all of the leaves and then bit the tree in half.  Still alive and trying to grow back up, the deer came back and rubbed their horns on my tree leaving not enough bark on it to make through the winter.  Gone.  I have in my possession a 3rd apricot tree.  I hope to plant this tree in the bee hive area which has a small fence around already.  I plan to re-fence and re-enforce this area to be deer proof, not to mention my little army of insects inside this area.  And if I catch a deer near my tree this fall during deer season, I will buy a license and we will have deer for dinner - Game Over.
Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment